Get access to training courses, job opportunities, and more by becoming a member. Membership is FREE.Sign up now!
About the Internships & Job Training Initiative
The Internships & Job Training initiative helps LA County residents explore opportunities in computer and information technology industries and prepares them with the skills and networks they need to pursue a career in those fields. The initiative provides members direct access to job opportunities, mentorships, and hundreds of training courses offered through our partners.
Membership to Delete the Divide’s Internships & Job Training initiative is completely free to those who:
- Are at least 16 years of age
- Live in the County of Los Angeles
- Reside within an underserved community
Use this link to check your eligibility.
LA County communities where more than 20% of the households lack internet access are considered adversely impacted by the digital divide and in an underserved community. To view an interactive map of these communities, see our Maps of the Divide.
The Internships & Job Training initiative offers a diverse range of services and resources. Members can:
- Access FREE online, self-paced training courses
- Earn a technology certification at no cost
- Receive mentorship
- Learn about technology and develop usable tech skills
- Participate in conferences, tours, ceremonies, and special events
- Access opportunities for academic scholarships, paid internships, and job placement
- Shadow a professional who is in the career that matches their interest
Yes, a computer or laptop and internet access is needed to participate in self-paced online courses and certain virtual events. If a member is in need of a computer device, Delete The Divide will provide information on available resources to access computer equipment at no cost or substantially reduced rates.
Parents/Guardians will be required to sign appropriate forms for all youth under the age of 18. Parents are encouraged to help their youth stay committed to completing the selected pathway.
Become a Member
Apply to be a Technology Intern
The Delete the Divide Internship program is pursuing qualified candidates to fill Technology Professional Intern.Apply