Small Business frequently asked questions
If you can't find an answer to your question, contact us.
- Must be a small business enterprise located in Los Angeles County
- Operate in an underserved community with minimal or no internet access
- Do not engage in illegal activities
Los Angeles County uses the same criteria to define local small business as the State of California’s Department of General Services. The business must be:
- Independently owned and operated.
- Not dominant in field of operation.
- Owners (officers, if a corporation) domiciled in California. Including affiliates, be either:
- - A business with 100 or fewer employees and average annual gross receipts of $15 million or less over the last 3 years; or
- A manufacturer with 100 or fewer employees.