Small Business frequently asked questions
If you can't find an answer to your question, contact us.
L.A. County communities where 20.1% to 100% of the households lack internet access are considered adversely impacted by the digital divide. To view an interactive map of these communities, visit the Delete The Divide website and on the homepage click on the box that reads “Click Here to See the Divide”.
- Must be a small business enterprise located in Los Angeles County
- Operate in an underserved community with minimal or no internet access
- Do not engage in illegal activities
Los Angeles County uses the same criteria to define local small business as the State of California’s Department of General Services. The business must be:
- Independently owned and operated.
- Not dominant in field of operation.
- Owners (officers, if a corporation) domiciled in California. Including affiliates, be either:
- - A business with 100 or fewer employees and average annual gross receipts of $15 million or less over the last 3 years; or
- A manufacturer with 100 or fewer employees.