Get access to exclusive access to virtual training courses, business networking events, and more by becoming a member. Membership is FREE.Sign up now!
About Small Business Connections
Our Small Business Connections initiative helps businesses get online, optimize digital services, and ultimately grow their sales with technology. Delete The Divide provides direct access to numerous resources offered through our various partners. These offerings are designed to assist small businesses with enhancing their marketing and operations. Resources include access to free seminars, training programs, podcasts, conferences, networking opportunities, and support to expand an online presence via websites, social media, and e-commerce.
Membership to Delete the Divide’s Small Business Connections initiative is completely free. Small businesses must be located in Los Angeles County and operate in an underserved community with minimal or no internet access.
In Los Angeles County a small business must be:
- Independently owned and operated
- A business with 100 or fewer employees and average annual gross receipts of $15 million or less over the last 3 years; or
- A manufacturer with 100 or fewer employees
LA County communities where more than 20% of the households lack internet access are considered adversely impacted by the digital divide and in an underserved community. To view an interactive map of these communities, see our Maps of the Divide.
The Small Business Connections initiative offers a range of services and resources, including:
- An initial business assessment
- Virtual training courses to learn about business software and other tools
- Assistance and support programs
- Podcasts and information seminars
- Business networking events
- Early alerts of upcoming events, opportunities and special assistance
- Support to expand an online presence via websites, social media, and e-commerce
A business assessment is designed to help you grow your online sales. We will provide proven recommendations that will help improve online traffic, sales, and leads for your business, including:
- Website Evaluation
- Industry Best Practices
- Business Listings
- Paid Ads
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Presence
- Digital Content
Connect directly to our partners for resources such as online training curriculum, business tools, and programs that can enhance business operations.
- Grow Your Business with Google – Free digital training courses and tools to help your small business adapt, grow and better serve your community.
- Small Business Concierge – Direct access to our Small Business Concierge services, business resources, business certifications and procurement technical assistance to compete for federal, state, and local government contracting opportunities.
- Disaster Help Center – Connect with live counselors to learn about COVID-19 related guidance and available resources for business owners, non-profits, workers, homeowners, landlords and tenants.
- Business Development Services – Access one-on-one business counseling, strategic planning, business development and learn about tax credits and hiring incentives to help your business grow.
- Doing Business with LA County – Access programs and resources that can benefit your business and expand your services throughout LA County.
Become a Member
Pay it Forward!
Are you a seasoned entrepreneur? Are you interested in sharing your experiences and lessons learned? Be a resource! Email us to get involved.Email us!